Thursday 8 October 2015

Sunday Dinner











Overall thoughts
Photographing this food made me very hungry however I took my time when taking the photographs, I placed the lighting so that the entire food was well lit and the detail could be capture in my images. This is not typical known to eat on a Sunday or as traditional meal that people would all gather in one location to eat. I wanted to take photos that showed the food fully and then photos that showed close-up , to show the detail and texture of the food, so that I could achieve a nice even range of photos. As both foods are very similar in colour I arranged them in a way so that the food looked not similar and both meals attract viewers.  I arranged the food this way to make it look better and appealing so that the viewer would want to eat the food in the photograph. This photo shoot was very enjoyable however it made me very hungry. I mainly used the format landscape as I wanted to showcase the food and plate, without including anything else as I want the main focus to be the food. 

The first two images just include the food and plate, nothing else is shown in the image. In the above photograph, I wanted the noodles to be the focus point for the viewer as I think the texture looks appealing and something I want to capture in an image. For these images, I used a close angle to frame the objects, capture the detail and make the food look appealing. I used a manual setting for my focus so that I could decide what was in focus and what wasn't, which allowed me full control of the photograph. The lighting was coming from a lamp behind me, which highlighted and lit the food in a way that I could photograph very well and that the food was easily shown. Using the format landscape helped me showcase the food and the props in a successful way. 


The next three images show more of the object in the photographs and other props/ food I have used for my images. I have used two drinks which are big brands which attract more viewers, as people see these brands and what to look at the image. I wanted to take two images, one with the noodle meal in focus and another where the curry meal was the food in focus. I used the same setting and format as the previous photographs as I believe these settings worked and allowed me to achieve the photographs I wanted. 









No comments:

Post a Comment