Friday 2 October 2015

Photographing an inanimate object

For this task we asked to photograph food which is an none moving object. This is very simple as with food you can mess around and spend as much time photographing. With moving objects people can get tired and this can limit the time spent with the subject and this can limit the success of the photographs. However with food, especially with food that can melt such as ice cream and chocolate, when under studio lights. Even though I would prefer to photograph people I do enjoy taking photos of food such as sweets, this is because of the vibrant and intriguing colours of the wrappers used for chocolates and also when some chocolates are crushed there are sometimes inside ingredients such as caramel.  Also with inanimate objects the range of locations I can use in my photographs expands, for my photos I will be using my kitchen as I have access to this location and know the best places to photograph. Photographing food can get very messy which can be controlled but I can also take photographs of the mess and create unique images.  Lighting is key when photographing inanimate objects such as food, depending your desired outcome I believe the object should be well light so off immense detail. I will use this technique in my work, so that I'm able to capture as much detail and texture in my photographs. Experimenting with backdrops and backgrounds could add a interesting twist to photos, which is why I will experiment with these factors to see which one works the best. when taking my images I will have my camera on a manual setting to adjust the focus to how I want and achieve the best photographs I can. This will allow me to have full control of the images and there outcome. Having people interacting with the food has a human interest which will help attract the viewers attention. However most food photographers just include the food and the objects people normal connect with food, this can also work with inanimate objects such as photographing a guitar and then including a record to make the connection of music. When photographing inanimate objects using big brands can also attracts viewers as they recognise the brand in the image. This works well with food as there are many big brands that many people know and consume very regularly,this brand could be cadburys chocolate as its a famous brand and its the brand I will be using as I want my photographs to be successful, attention grabbing and liked by people who view the image. Mainly when photographing an inanimate object the object that is being photographing is complete in great condition and is perfect so that the viewer likes how the object looks. When I'm photographing my sweets I will take photos of them in perfect condition, after that I will crush and mess around with the sweets to create a different visual effect and change the way viewers look at the sweets.













No comments:

Post a Comment