Friday 2 October 2015

Apple Photoshoot




Further Analysis of photographs

Overall thoughts

Picked images 

Photo one 

To achieve this photograph, I placed the apple in front of a mirror and placed my camera behind the apple. This was an easy effect to achieve for my photograph. Light in the image was natural light as it was coming from outside through the window. With this light, I can see that it illuminates the apple very well and this allows the texture to be shown in an eye-catching way.  While taking photos for this shoot I thought about the settings I used and see which one worked best, the main one I used was one with a medium shutter speed, as to let as much light as needed into the lens. I had my camera on a manual setting which allowed me to change the focus and think about my final image before clicking the shutter, creating an image. I believe a small optical illusion has occurred as it looks like I’m photographing the other apple. 

                 

I placed the apple in a studio setting as this is often used to capture still life such as fruit. The lighting was above the apple which created a shadow around the back of the apple.  This is a standard setting and allows the apple to be the main focus and have no other distractions. I framed the apple centrally to enhance the effect of the object being the main focus. For this image, I used a slow shutter speed to let in a good amount of light to be able to capture the apple effectively.  I was on a manual setting and using my manual focus which helped me adjust the settings and focus to how I wanted it. This is a very simple photograph, which can be achieved very easily and this setting is used commonly especially for fashion, such as magazine covers.  

 I placed the apple here to put the apple in its natural surrounding. I also picked a place where there were not many vibrant colours so that the apple stood out. To achieve this shoot I crouched down while having the apple below me so that I get a high angle for the photograph.  I wanted the red of the apple to stand out and become the main focus of the image. The lighting used is natural light as I took the photo outside during the morning, which made the light surround the apple. I wanted to compose the photograph in a way that would look natural and not staged.



The surrounding green colours make the apple become the object that draws the attention of the viewer, because of this I had to make sure to not over expose or put the apple out of focus. For this photo I used a manual setting on my camera and for my lens, which helped me gain control and create the image I wanted. Placing the apple here makes the grass frame the apple which is a interesting natural frame and also showcases, that you don't have to photograph in a studio or controlled environment to achieve a successful image.

For this photograph I wanted to experiment with light by showing how it can effect an object and how it can look in a image. I wanted to place the apple this way to cast an hard shadow going towards the camera. I used a vertical camera angle to photograph the apple in a interesting way and also showcase the foreground and background. Placing the apple in the window still allowed the light to highlight the top of the apple and attract the attention of the viewer. As the apple is the only object in the image its eye catching and attention grabbing. 


This image is slightly over exposed and the reason is it was a grab shot, I took this while I was photographing in the streets and on the spot took the photo. I wanted the red of the apple to contrast with the white of the paper. My setting for my camera is auto as it was a quick shot and I wanted it to be in focus. I held the apple this way to show the entire front and to give the audience a good view of the apple. Has my object was very vibrant and had the ability to stand out it was easy for me to create interesting photographs.

`I placed the apple here to create a unique and a photograph that would attract the viewer. I wanted to connect the red of the apple and the red of the post box, this creates a line the viewer can follow with there eyes. I timed my photograph so that there would be no people to either side of the post box, so that there would be no distractions from the main subject. I had a manual setting on my camera and lens as I wanted to decide how the image would look and the amount of focus I wanted. If I were to re-shoot I would experiment with the angles I used to take the photograph. 

The reason I composed the image this way as I wanted to make a interesting connection between the apple, the pineapple and the oranges. I had to take many practice shots for this image as I had the camera on manual and this was taken inside, so the lighting was different and I had to find the right setting to achieve this photograph. Where the objects were it was hard to find a angle where there was no distraction in the background but this is the best angle I could find where the fruit was the main focus of the image. As this was taken inside I couldn't adjust where the light was coming from and this is the reason for the reflective light on top of the apple. 

I chose this location as the object I placed the apple in is plain and I thought that by placing the apple here it would stand out and become the main focus. I believe I achieved this however I should have experimented with the angles by maybe using a portrait angle to make the image more interesting, 










No comments:

Post a Comment