Friday 8 January 2016

Project evaluation

I found this project very interesting and photographing glass has allowed me to experiment with my camera and the settings used. If I were to pick a part of this project I didn't like it would have to be the film part of even though I like the results of film I do like using film cameras.  The images I got from using a film camera were not a the same quality I can normally produce, and after doing this project I will experiment more with my film camera so that I can develop my skills. An idea that I've wanted to experiment with is placing objects and people into another place and I was allowed to do this in this project. When I was presented with the subject of glass and to me glass is fragile and used for things we see in everyday. As most glass is transparent I wanted to include other objects with vibrant and appealing colours so that I get interesting points in my photographs. The techniques we were asked to produce in Photoshop were easy to do and I enjoyed changing and experimenting with my images.  Normally using the liquify tool for photos is commonly not used as people like to view images which look normal. I also altered the colours in some of my images to a degree more extreme then I would normally. One of the task I didn't like was trying to find glass objects in Bradford and the reason is because I have photographed Bradford for two years and I want a new scenery.However I was able to photograph interesting objects and create unique and creative final images both with and without effects.  During this project I was inspired by the work of Andy Glass and Eric Johnson as both of their work is interesting, I like how Andy glass work is simple and includes bright and inventive colours. Eric's work is opposite as it has a lot of elements that go together to create an image. Looking at the work they have produced influenced my ideas and photos, I wanted to showcase the unusual and vibrant style and colours. Overall I enjoyed the project and found the subject interesting, my favorite part was experimenting with Photoshop and creating visually unique images.  

No comments:

Post a Comment