Friday 15 January 2016

Glass Photoshop


1.For my first image I chose to apply as many filters and effects on this image and see how each looked on a photograph. The first thing I did to this image was crop the photo down so that the circle was the main focus and what the viewers focused on.  Doing this allowed all the good aspects to be included and the foreground object were included in the central frame. When editing these first choices influenced how I edited and changed the look of the photograph. My editing was also subject to the colour in the images as I wanted to make the colour prominent.  Another idea I have for this image it to place some object from another photo I have and make it the central focus.  There are ways this idea may not be a success as it may look a bit over edited and the photo I use may not fit with the tone or style of the rest of the photograph. The object may also look not right or weird when placed into the circle. The second effect I applied was the liquify tool to change the way the objects looked, I didn't want the shape I created to be completely crazy or unusual so much that it overwhelms anything else in the image. This is why I mainly experimented with the edges of the circle to create the illusion of a cog wheel or a sun. Another way I could experiment with this technique by make the lines on the glass I could make them more disjointed and broken like glass can be.  After changing the main look of the items in the image I then adjusted the colour of the image to make the colours I want to stand out and make the viewers attention directed towards the parts that include the colour. When looking at the image the main colour I saw was blue and I wanted to bring it out more and apply effects to make it vibrant. The final edit which is using the equalize tool and the effect that has been created changed the way the colour looked on the image this something I don't like as it altered the film to a slight extreme, however before the I applied the effect I liked how the image looked and the colour is on the image.  When editing the image I decided to apply a filter called cutout and this is shown in the fifth image and in the final photo after all these edits.  














2. This is my second image where the first edit I did was apply the equalizer which created the effect shown in the first screen shot below. For this image I want to create an subtle and creative effect for a final photograph.  I achieved this by adjusted the colour using the colour balance and using this tool until I had the desired look.  The third image shows the results when I altered and mixed the hue/ saturation and after I did this I thought it was too over edited then I altered it again and got a look I liked. I then added the effect of variations and got the look shown in fourth image I liked how when I did this the colours in the image became vibrant and an interesting point in the image. After this alteration I had to change the contrast and brightness to make the overall look of the image more creative and appealing. Using the colour balance again let me picked the colour I wanted to shine through the image , this time it was yellow as even though I like the blue the yellow is covering the most of the image and creates an interesting image. I picked yellow to be main colour shown however I also wanted blue to be a part of the photo which was also possible with this effect. The main focus of the final image is to have interesting colours 



3. This was the most easy Photoshop edit / creation to make as the most I had to do was cut and paste one object into another object. I decided to place a rose in the bottle as to pay homage to beauty and the beast and to also create artist images. To begin with I placed the glass bottle image into Photoshop and then I placed the object I want to place in the bottle and then cut out the object and then move the object so it looks like its in the bottle. To get the best final result I turned down the opacity ro make it look like the object is behind the glass.  


4. 

I had experimented the most with this image as I focused the overall look of the image, the first thing I did was apply the filter cutout then I applied an effect/ filter that makes the image look water colored.  I liked experimenting as I got to apply effects and create images I haven't had the chance to create before.  This picture was taken during my Christmas break on a mucky mirror I found and decided I could apply effects in Photoshop to change the entire look of the image. Apply the water colour effect made it look creative and unusual. I also attempted to dim and lower the exposed part but above is the best I could do which I find semi successful. 

5.
The photo above was also taken on Christmas break in my own time, I applied the filter above to highlight the light parts are where the light was. Doing this makes the inner rim look golden and stand out in the image and is the main focus of the image. 

6.















No comments:

Post a Comment