Friday 20 November 2015

First photo shoot during LP project





Pic one and two : This was taken just as the sun was setting and originally I wanted the modals head to be in front of the light but seizing the opportunity I took the photo. I like how the light has created a line going across the image and has created an interesting effect. Cropping the image shows me what the final image would look like which is helpful and gives me a better chance of picking the better image. Creating two versions of this image showed me which is better, the one below is in black and white because I wanted to add a creative aspect to my images. This was shot in manual setting with an average shutter speed to let in the right amount of light to create a effective image, even though I love how the sky looks on the above image I wanted to experiment and see how the image would look like in black and white. The effects are not exactly what I thought they would be but I like the way the image looks. The blue filter was not added in Photoshop and I didn't take the photo in any way to create this however it makes the image more effective and connects the viewer to the central focus to the sky, this creates a link in the image which the viewers follow. If I were to re shot I would take a few other shots where the modal is in different locations and try different formats and places I take the photo from , I could try being either above or below the subject. 



photo 3: I wanted people to create a story around this image this is why I photographed the modal in this way , to look mysterious and unknown to viewers. I used the lighting provided by the lamps hanging in the room behind the subject , I placed the subject here so that I could have the face in the shadows but I wanted the outline of the person to be prominent. I wanted there to be no object with a color that would divert the attention of the viewer, as I want the focus to be on the person , having an object with a vibrant color would fit into the theme I'm trying to create with this image. The contrast of the black and white adds to the effectiveness. This photo was sort of a quick grab , however I did place the person in this position to take this shot and create this effect. 


pic four, five, six: I applied many different filters to this image to create different outcomes and effects.  In this image I wanted the subject to be the main focus for these images as well as my other images. Again I wanted a mystery theme by surrounding and engrossing the subject in darkness and not show the features of the face. The effect on the photo above is to bring attention to the ceiling and what lines the light creates. i dint want the shadows to overwhelm the subject 









No comments:

Post a Comment