Friday 20 November 2015

Final images chosen for LP task




Live at Leeds -
When starting with this cover the original cover is simplest cover I chose and with this it allowed me to produce an unique and interesting photo  I picked the indoor location barburrito that is in Leeds, this was because the title is to do with Leeds and this was an interesting location to photograph. I used natural lighting and I included a mirror in the image which reflected the light around the picture. My idea for my final outcome was to create an image that stood to the viewers My final image became what I wanted and achieved the look I wanted to capture. Using text to overlay on the image can show people what album I'm interpretation and the text adds another creative aspect to the image. This was taken in landscape format and was also taken at a low angle to allow for the mirror be the central focus. What I like about this image is that the green stands out and diverts the attention of the viewer.

Take a photograph -
This is very similar concept to live at Leeds as the title allows me to play around with the ideas I have.  I chose an image that stood out to me as artistic and unusual , this is why I picked the image that included neon lights as this aspect makes the image stand out. I added text on this image to enhance the effectiveness of the photograph , the only problem I have with this photo is that the text isn't as prominent as much as I would like it to be. Photographing this way allows people to imagine what the light text says and cropping like this allows the most interesting section the main focus for viewers. When on location I was scoping unique locations and this is how I achieved this photo. The original cover is taken from outside looking in which is why I wanted to do the opposite and shot inside.

Striped lines -
To represent my ideas for this cover I chose this image because of the lines that are in the background  however there is another image, the pop art image, this is because lines are used to create this image. For this photo I shot in landscape and and used photo-shop I added the paint onto the image to make it unique and interesting.  I only want certain colours to be shown so that they pop out of the picture. This is more of creative version of the original cover. For my final choices one of the reasons I chose this image is because the lines are very dynamic and the key to the image working, I added a filter to this image to make it have the vibe of the 80's which is something I achieved with this image. The filter also makes the modal look interesting and eye catching. I came across this location by walking around Leeds and thought it would be perfect to use for this cover.

A hard days night-
My original idea was to use many images and place them together on one page and recreate the cover in my own way however after trying this idea I figured out that it didn't work as it meant that each image couldn't be placed on the same page without reducing the attention of each image. So instead I decided to create one image with the same theme and impact, my final outcome was successful in this as its is creative and impacts the theme, there is also other improvements this change made, with this I was able to use an effect created with light and where the subject was , this allowed me to capture this image. This was taken from outside looking in the modal in the photo could barley hear me so he chose what face expression and where his head was. If I were to re-shoot I would try different angles and maybe give the modal more direction so that I could get more poses to create a range of images.

Band on the run-
I didn't go with my original idea as I thought a picture of a person's feet would represent what people use to run on. To achieve this photo I had to ask a person I didn't know if I could take their picture , they allowed me and I took this image. When editing I adjust the contrast and brightness to enhance the colour and make the image successful represent the decade. I wanted to go a bit more off broad when photographing this persons shoes, I picked them because there bright colour and interesting pattern attracted my attention. This is something I want to achieve with my photos. I did not allow myself enough time to try my original idea but I do like what I created with this image.

1-Dark side of the moon -
Here again I didn't go with my original plan but this made me create a more amazing image as I used a model to pose in between a door creating this illusion. I used the typography to my advantage to make the image look better and creating a theme that is connecting to the decade the original cover is from. For my image I didn't want much colour Placing the head in the centre makes it the main focus and what people's attention diverts to. I like this image as it has dramatic look to it and the subject in the photo is what makes the image what it is.As I tend to use Photoshop on the majority of my work and for this image I adjusted the contrast , changed the levels and applied other effects, this is something I do to improve my work. I spent a good amount of time with the model to take many photographs so that I could pick my favourites. For every one of my images I set my camera to the manual setting to achieve the best shots.

make it big

I purposely put the text to a small size to help emphasis the title of the cover and what I'm trying to say with the photograph. When out in Leeds I saw an attraction that struck me as big so I thought it would be perfect for the make it big album by Wham. Another image I used for my concept was a photograph of a figure from Fallout 4 where his thumb and head are big in size and make an impact on the image making viewers attention gravitate towards him. In the game it has a 80's vibe to it which is another reason I took this photo. I made the background black and white to make the colours of the figure stand out to make the image even more impactive with the concept.

Between the buttons - 
When photographing this image I wanted to create a oasis type of look and feel which is because when the rolling stones produced covers that included the band and this is something oasis has done with their covers. I followed my original however I did change what I used to frame the subject, I instead used plants and the sides of a couch. When editing this image I didn't want any colour to be more prominent then any other as I want the viewers to focus on the subject and not just one thing. To achieve this image I was photographing from an high angle using the format landscape and have a manual setting on my camera. The room I was in was well lit with artificial light produced by the light bulbs above me and the modal which allowed for the subject not to be surrounded or overwhelmed by shadows or darkness. The typography I've added improves the image as it adds an interesting focal point in the top of the image for viewers to look at and gain knowledge from. I dint plan for the match between the clothes on the modal to the couch as it was by accident which helped my image become more successful.









No comments:

Post a Comment