Thursday 3 March 2016

studio shoot







To create these images I used high and low key, this allowed me to make the focus points the person. Using the light to highlight the features and the shape of the body this is something very common in magazines and advertising, as the aim is for the viewer to focus on the person and the clothes.  Putting the modal in the blue makes him stand out and contrasts with the dark background and adds a creative twist. I also used a coat to add a new clothing item to use for my independently created magazines. For all the photo shoots I focused on emotion and body language. I altered the formats I used as I believed using both landscape and portrait to capture my modal in the best way. I also alternated between angles and positions while photographing to create unique images. To get the correct settings I used a light meter to make sure I created the best possible image.  Using the low key setting created a look I really liked and stuck with for my images as I believe its helps my images become visually striking.  I photographed at eye level to showcase and frame the person in the best way possible so that the person and clothing were both two main focus points in the image. To achieve this lighting effect was by using low key and placing a filter over the main light source for the modals face, which highlighted the features in the face. I stuck with this lighting effect as it makes the person stand out and become the main part of the image, these images are easily placed alongside text as for both my cover and double page spread I will be using white text for both. Another idea I have is too place the text along the shape and form of the person which would be another way for the text to stand out.  I could also place a border o the image to place the text in which would attract the attention of the viewer towards the text and then back to the modal. When editing the images I adjusted the contrast and brightness, while doing this I made sure not to make the image to over bright as this would reduce the quality of the image.  I used a manual setting camera however I set my lens to auto focus so that my images would be as sharp as my camera could achieve as I didn’t want any low quality parts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment